How to Make Perfect Grandma M.'s Gingersnap Cookies

Grandma M.'s Gingersnap Cookies. I LOVE these cookies and I'm making them again for my family's Thanksgiving get-together. If you like your gingersnaps crispy leave them in a few extra minutes. A classic recipe for a gingersnap cookie.

Grandma M.'s Gingersnap Cookies I used margarine and butter because we like our cookies chewy. Oh how I love this Gingersnap Cookie Recipe! I'm not sure I would have survived my daughter having surgery and my husband having a street bike accident several hours apart on the same day without them. You can cook Grandma M.'s Gingersnap Cookies using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.

Ingredients of Grandma M.'s Gingersnap Cookies

  1. Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Shortening, do not substitute butter.
  2. It's 1/2 cup of Molasses.
  3. You need 2 each of Eggs.
  4. Prepare 2 cup of Sugar.
  5. Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
  6. Prepare 2 tsp of Ground cloves.
  7. You need 2 tsp of Ground cinnamon.
  8. Prepare 3 tsp of Ground ginger.
  9. It's 4 tsp of Baking soda.
  10. You need 4 cup of All purpose flour.

The surgery was planned and scheduled ahead of time, the street bike accident was of course. "The spice cookie is so good. My grandchildren loved them but I think my husband is the one who ate the most."--PD in Utah Add these to your cart and see if these are not the best gingersnaps in America. Preparation notes: Cream the butter with the sugar mixture and. "These are the best ginger cookies I have ever had.

Grandma M.'s Gingersnap Cookies instructions

  1. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl, except flour. Beat with an electric mixer until well combined..
  2. Add in flour a cup at a time and stir by hand..
  3. Roll dough by hand into about 1 inch balls and roll the balls in granulated white sugar..
  4. Place cookies about 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets and bake at 350 for about 8 minutes. Make sure they get only slightly browned before removing or the bottoms will burn..
  5. Let cool for 30 seconds or so on the pan before moving to a cooling rack. Let cool completely. The cookies will harden as they cool, producing that characteristic snap!.
  6. Yields approximately 8 dozen..

Have been searching for the perfect mix of flavor and texture and this is it. My dear friend, Lisa, is famous for her gingersnaps and I was lucky enough to Geri's Gingersnap Cookies are the perfect balance of soft in the middle and crispy on the edges. I have made a lot of ginger cookie recipes in. Grandma Jean's Ginger Snaps - the perfect ginger snap cookies. This year I have not posted lots of cookie recipes for Christmas, so I thought I need to The recipe calls for butter or margarine, normally I would always pick butter over margarine, but this time I chose to make these cookies with margarine.

Comments